Miso Brownie is not just one of our Partridge Chanteclers.
As with most brownie recipes, the base is chocolate and eggs – this time I broke down the ingredients to their bare bones; replace the pre-made chocolate with cocoa butter and jazz up the cocoa powder.
This recipe is adapted from the New York dessert artist Nicole Bermensolo as found on Splendid Table.
Mise En Place
- 250g butter
- 200g cocoa butter
- 200g cocoa powder 200g flour
- 200g honey
- 70g (white) miso
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed walnuts
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Frozen blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cocoa butter over the fire. Remove from heat and whisk in miso, then add the honey and vanilla.
- In a small dish, whip 1 egg; then incorporate into the butter mixture. Repeat this for the remaining 3 eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix wet & dry ingredients until smooth. Dress with seeds, nuts and berries fun & flavour. Pour into a 9’x13’ pan (or whatever). Bake at 375∘F until done, about 35 minutes.
Serve with black raspberry coulis or a drop of raw cream.